Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Coaches Corner~VStream



I am not typically characterized as a person who curses the darkness rather than light a match. I am never considered a person that criticizes. However, as an extraordinary coach, I'm always looking for teaching moments, or opportunities to share ideas that may benefit people. If you are an extraordinary coach, you may like what I have to say in this particular blog.

I want to talk a little bit about television in this blog. From time to time you hear people decry the value of television. Some of those people are extraordinary coaches, and I am one of those people who sometimes refer to the television as a sewer line, because it never gives you anything good. Well, television does give you something good. What it gives you depends on who you are and what you are watching on television. I specifically want to talk today about a technology that allows you to receive every single thing that's broadcast on the airwaves. The company that sponsors this bit of technology is called VStream, and I have one of these VStream boxes. The reason I want to talk about that today is to help extraordinary coaches organize their time and get more out of themselves than what they're now presently getting.

With the invention of the DVR, you can record shows that you want to see and watch them when you want to watch them. The DVR is part of the delivery of a cable network. Cable networks charge phenomenal fees on a monthly basis, and sometimes it can be a fee that you can't justify to yourself. You cannot deny that everyone watches television. Even if you are evolved enough that you don't watch television, all of your clients watch television, despite what they say.

I'm reminded of this scene in a movie I enjoy watching called Pulp Fiction. There was a scene where Vincent, the John Travolta character, is having a conversation with Jules, the Samuel L. Jackson character. Jules says to Vincent, in an effort to get him to understand who Mia is, and what Mia's importance is, he asks Vincent, or rather he tells Vincent that Mia was once in a pilot. Vincent says, "So, what's a pilot?" Jules goes on to tell him that a pilot is when you make television shows. He says, "You know television shows?" He said, "No, I don't watch TV." He said it arrogantly, like watching TV is beneath him. Jules says, "Well that's true, but you know there is this box called a television, and you have heard of that, right?" My point's made in this instance because these guys were gangsters. Everyone watches television.

Like certain other products, television, as a network marketing platform, might not be the best plan. You see, the attraction of network marketing is the numbers of people and the income that you get when you do the multiplication. This company, VStream has come up with a good idea, because really and truly, everyone wants a television, and everyone would enjoy having more choices to watch on television.

From time to time since I've bought one of these boxes, I've gotten communications from VStream, where they are outlining to me how to market the product. Where they're telling me how to build the business. While that has an importance in my life, it's not very important in my life. For their business model. I'm not really sure what it is, but if their business model doesn't include improving the product, then they might be missing the boat. Put it to you this way. All the marketing in the world might not get an inferior product that's also new on the market. A phenomenal product, something that allows you to watch more television or allows you to have more choices on television, that product in itself is very, very attractive to a lot of people. However, marketing concepts are pretty simple. They're not all that elaborate, and you can do different things, but the bottom line is you want to put eyeballs on your product. You want to get people to know about your product so they'll come to buy it from you.

The VStream people may have missed the boat. Rather than demonstrate elaborate marketing schemes, or tell people how to recruit others to sell their product, I suggest that they improve the product. You see, I have one of those products, and I can tell you while you do have a lot more choices about programs that you watch on television, this product is not user friendly. I would be remiss if I were to introduce any of my friends to this product. I know that by doing this blog, I'm putting it on some people's radar, but I'm not going to endorse the product until it improves. I can only hope that VStream will run across this blog and get the idea to improve the product. In fact, I have told my wife that they may have released the product prematurely. The product may not be ready for prime time yet, and the reason it's not ready for prime time yet, is that it is not simple to use. It is not easy to watch the program that you are accustomed to watching, and that's what it needs to be if it wants to have broad appeal.

As an extraordinary coach, you can benefit from this product, because you can plan the time that you watch television, and you have favorite television programs, and you can get them all on this box any time that you want them. Can you imagine being able to craft your day, being able to mark every hour of your 24 hours, doing exactly what you want to do? You can even watch television programs that are no longer being broadcast, like Boston Legal. I like Boston Legal, so I've planned my time around, whenever I get ready to watch Boston Legal, if I want to watch it at 3:00 in the morning, I can do it. If I want to watch it at 8:00 at night, I do it. This VStream product is an exceptional product, but these VStream people, they need to streamline a little bit better than what it is now. If you go to VStream, tell them so. Tell them to improve the product, because if they improve this product, everyone benefits. Everyone benefits because you can watch TV when you want to, and you don't have to make any sacrifices when you pick up this product.

f this has helped you in any way, or it will help somebody that you know, I want to encourage you to pass this blog onto them. By all means, continue following me. On the other hand, I come to the end of this blog, and I say to you what I say at the end of all my blogs, which is, have yourself a good time until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment