Monday, July 6, 2015

Coaches Corner~Outpaced



I am reminded of a time several years ago when I ran a half a marathon. Me and some friends had decided that we were going to run a half a marathon because, well, we needed a goal to accomplish in our life. We all prepared the right amount of time, we went on long runs several times during the week. We chatted, after the runs we hung out together in fellowship. By and large we were all looking forward to running the half a marathon.

The day of the half a marathon showed up and we were all lined up ready to go. The starting gun went off and we started jogging, we started trotting. We had our pace, we were going to have this excellent experience. It was a perfect day for a half a marathon, it was overcast it was a little bit wet and a little bit cool. We were all looking forward to it.


Here we are we're chatting we're at that pace where you can just barely speak while you're running. One of my friends, the guy who had trained with me mostly, developed a pain in his side. He slowed down, I slowed down with him. I was running with him, I was helping him out. He was my friend and I was going to bring him along.

Yet, as the race went on he got slower and slower and slower until we were at nearly a crawl and I was trying to be his supportive friend, was waiting for him. Then thankfully he gave me the go ahead. He said, "Go ahead on Victor, I don't know that I'll be able to continue this run." When he said that I picked up my pace, I developed a nice steady clip and I was successful in running a half a marathon. It was one of the most exhilarating experiences in my life.

Exactly what does a half a marathon have to do with being an extraordinary coach? If you are an extraordinary coach chances are you know other extraordinary coaches and you spend your time with people that are like you just like I do. Well as you build your business and as you seek success, the people who you know, they do the same thing and you all are about at the same pace. Have you heard the old saying that, "You can't fly like an eagle if you're running around with chickens." That's a bit insulting but often we find ourselves in a group where we are really the smartest person in the room and we can't grow when that happens. The wise ones come to the conclusion that it's time to break ranks and it's time to move forward.

Such a thing happened to me this weekend. I learned something that I didn't know and I'm ready to move forward and I'm ready to take you forward. I am ready to take you forward in your coaching practice to make you a more extraordinary coach. If you're not yet an extraordinary coach then I'm looking to make you an extraordinary coach. I'm looking to reach out to you to have you call me because what you learn about me is so phenomenal, so engaging you know that you cannot go one more day without connecting with just SUSO coach.

Those of you who may not have picked it up, SUSO is an acronym that means step up and stand out in a bigger bolder more brilliant way. The reason you want to do that is because you want to be found. Take heart you may have to leave your friends behind, but you will have a much more exhilarated experience for it. You may indeed have to leave your friends behind, but if you're the smartest person in the room you need yourself another room.

Think about me and my half a marathon experience as you move forward in our life and leave those behind you. Zig Ziglar said, "There's plenty of room at the top." Believe me there is plenty of room at the top and I welcome you up here.

If this blog has helped you I hope you share it with our friends and your family or someone else you know. As always, and when you become an extraordinary coach you too will have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment