Thursday, June 25, 2015

Coaches Corner~Fees

I recently made a telephone call to Microsoft tech support. Somehow, I had lost all my folders from my Outlook account, and I needed to have them populate it from my Gmail account. As I articulated my problem to the person on the other end, he actually accessed my computer remotely to see what I was talking about. As it turned out, the folders that I was looking for were right there in Gmail, and he was going to transfer them for me, from Gmail into Outlook.

You see, I use Outlook primarily for my email management, my contact management. Actually, it wasn't me. It was my client, and it was then that the tech guy told me that he would do it for me for a one time charge of $150. Well, by now, I was nearly committed to getting this thing done, and I was about to pay the $150, but I thought that was just too much money.

So then, I opted not to pay the $150, and decided to consult Google, instead. I go into Google, and I put in what I want to do. I look at my Gmail account, and well, to make a long story short, I was able to accomplish the same thing in less than 5 minutes. $150 for 5 minutes work. That would be 12 times 5, 12 times 150. Well, you do the math. It's a lot of money per hour. It's more than ... Well, that's a lot of money per hour if he was going to charge me $150 for 5 minutes work.

As an extraordinary coach, it is critical that you realize your value. I'm not criticizing him for over charging me for what he was doing. I'm simply sharing with you how valuable you are. The fact that he knew something that I didn't, means his time was worth $150 for 5 minutes. Contrast that with what you know. Just a simple concept of sharing with someone how they don't know what they don't know, is priceless.

Many people spend their lives trying to learn more of what they don't know, but what they don't realize is that they can only learn more of what they already know that they don't know. The things that they don't know they don't know, they will never learn about those things until they find out, and in that regard, as an extraordinary coach, you are priceless.

Let's start commanding the value for what we are worth. Let's not be content charging minimal amounts of money for being a coach. Your outside, objective opinion is worth much more than what you think, and it can set people free to go on to make millions and millions of dollars. As you read this blog, consider it's time for you to increase your fees.

What you may not realize, what might be in the realm of you don't know that you don't know, is that you're opinion is priceless. Another bit of knowledge that you may not know is that the only reason that you're not getting more is that you're not asking for more. The reasons you're not asking for more ... Well, you're probably the only one that knows that, but I suspect it has a little bit to do with fear, because that's what it was with me.

Can you imagine? There are coaches in this country charging $25,000 a month for what you're charging $50 a month for? The amount of knowledge is finite, for sure, but he only gets more than you because he asked for more than you.

Remember this blog. The Microsoft guy was going to charge me a lot more than what I thought he should have, and well, you're charging a lot less than what you ought to. So, as I like to end all of my blogs, I end this one with the same thing, which is for you to have a good time until the next time, and if this has helped you, or blessed you in any way, please share it with your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment