Monday, June 8, 2015

Coaches' Corner~Creation






We should get clear on the fact that what we think about, we bring out. We should also be clear on the fact that we create our own reality. I want to point out that despite your assertions to the contrary, you do create your own world. I was not always present to this truth and you want you to be present to this truth as quickly as possible. As a coach, as an extraordinary coach, you are bound by your commitment to help your clients, to give them the best outcome possible. In order to give them the best outcome possible, you will have to actually create the best outcome possible. We know that as a coach, your clients cannot see the reality for them that you can see. The invented reality is the cornerstone of good coaching. I'm going to take a moment to share with you an invented reality, the consequences of my inventing my reality over the years.

Several years ago, I was afflicted, I should say, with panic attacks, anxiety attacks. Unexpected anxiety attacks would overcome me at any time. All I needed was an excuse to have these panic attacks. The point is, for some reason I wanted to have these panic attacks, and I think largely it's due to how I felt about myself. It's due to my self-concept and the things that I wanted to be true in my life.
You see, I have been a proponent of the fact that your subconscious mind creates the thing and your conscious mind goes about making sure that what your subconscious mind thinks is the truth. I created the desire for misery. I created a victim mentality. I felt that my life was a trap for me. As a result, everything that happened in my life demonstrated that.
As far back as ten years ago, I got on an airplane and I knew that I would have a horrible time on the airplane. I knew that I would feel bad being on an airplane and I needed something to distract me from being on an airplane. As soon as I would hear that door close, my goodness, it was all over for me. I had the white knuckle syndrome.

What I manufactured for myself was always somebody who sat next to me on the airplane that I could have a conversation with, that I could distract myself with, that I could not worry so much about what was going to happen. Each time I got on an airplane during this period in my life, I created that reality. I created the misery for myself. There is no way that I could have survived, that I would still be here, if I had gotten on those airplanes and didn't have somebody to talk to, didn't have some way that I could occupy my mind so it wouldn't go crazy for me. If you've ever had a panic attack, then you know what it feels like, and it does not feel good. I'm saying I could not blame anybody for those panic attacks, and I still can't blame anybody for those panic attacks except for me.
This was made clear to me yesterday, when several years later, I'm on an airplane and I'm flying from Sacramento to San Diego to celebrate my wife's birthday. As it turns out, I'm in an airplane that's completely crowded, that has no empty seats, and to boot, I'm in the absolute last back seat of the airplane. To my left is another man who clearly is having the same sort of challenges that I was having years ago, and a young lady on my right. The man to my left was occupying himself by constantly reading a book. He had his nose in the book and would not take that nose out of the book for any reason whatsoever. Said two words to me.

The woman on my right was wearing headphones and she had an iPad watching a movie. There was no conversation there for me, so I didn't have anyone to talk to. Had I decided, like I did years ago, that I needed something to distract myself, I would have a different reality. I would have put different people in my space. I would have had to have some outlet. As it turned out, I didn't need any outlet. I had overcome. I no longer was having panic attacks. I no longer was having anxiety-ridden airplane rides halfway across the country. I had created a reality that for me actually personifies the activity that's in my mind at this time.

In my mind at this time, I am an overcomer, I am a winner, I am a world-class extraordinary coach. As a world-class extraordinary coach, the reality that I'm creating for myself is clients that need me. The reality that I'm creating for myself is mentees that need mentoring. If you aspire to be an extraordinary coach, let me tell you, spend your time creating the invented reality. Spend your time thinking about all the greatness that you are going to deliver to your clients. Spend your time thinking about how wonderful life is.

Pay no attention, negate the effect that other people create by saying, "I am just being realistic." There is no realistic when you're talking about coaching. There is no realistic if you want to be an extraordinary coach. The reason there is no such thing as realistic is that you don't know what you don't know. If the future that you envision for your clients is not in their space, that is they don't know what they don't know, then it is going to be an impossible future. You know it's possible because you can see it and they can't. You also have some places where you can go that you don't see as possible yet, so make sure that you have yourself a coach. I am Victor Irving Jenkins and I complete my blog, as I love to complete my blog: have a good time until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment