Friday, September 11, 2015

Coaches Corner~Blessed

Your clients are having these sort of experiences every day, and as an extraordinary coach it would behoove you to help them be present to these sorts of experiences. Earlier I was talking with a friend and telling them how much I expect God to bless me. You may interpret this as me being a selfish person and thinking that God is my genie and he gives me what I want, but suffice it to say, I consider that God blesses me in every situation.

Several days apart, two instances concerning money impacted my thoughts about this process. It went a long way to cementing my idea that yes, God loves me and things will go my way if I meditate on the fact that God loves me and he wants me to have what I want.

I was counting change. I have a machine that counts my change for me and separates them in penny, nickels, dimes, and quarters. I was counting change because my cash flow that particular day was pretty low. I'm counting change and I have a stack of dimes. I want to complete the stack of dimes so the dime is $5. I needed two more dimes to complete this stack. I didn't have two dimes in the place where I keep all my change, so I'm thinking there's got to be two dimes around here somewhere. Either in my car or in my house there has to be two dimes.

I don't think much more about it. I go in my bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready. I notice in a tray in my vanity I guess, that's what my wife calls it, I see two dimes. Immediately I start rejoicing and I put on my happy face because God has blessed me again with yet those two dimes.

I pick up the two coins and I go back outside of my bedroom to the place where I have the coin counter, the change counter, and guess what? Those two items were not dimes at all. Now you may think that that's a small thing, but as it turns out, I didn't even need those two dimes. I didn't even need the change.

Fast forward a few days later, which is today, and I'm at the bank. I'm in the ATM machine. I put my ATM card in and I want to get ... and I'm being specific here in order to make a point ... I'm getting $160. Now I see a choice that I hadn't noticed before. The machine asked me, "Will a mixture of 50s and 20s do or do you want all 20s?" I chose a mixture of 50s and 20s.

I walked to my car. I get in my car. I put my hands in my pocket to get my keys out. Out falls one or two bills, so I picked up the one or two bills. Turns out they were all my bills and there were only five bills. I spent a few minutes looking around my car trying to find where the other two 20s are, because you know that five times 20 is 100, and I asked for $160.

Point of fact, I had five bills in my hand and I needed really to be looking for three more bills, but somehow in my brain I'm looking for two more because I think that all I need is 40 more dollars. Then I get the idea that oh my goodness, when I put my hands in my pocket as I left the bank I must have accidentally pulled out those two bills and they're now flying in the wind or somebody has them in their pocket.

I wasn't too concerned about it; I wasn't too frantic about it. I simply decided that if the money was gone, I would simply go back to the ATM machine and get some more. Going back to the ATM machine I was sure that I had asked for $100 after I decided I couldn't find the other 60. I'm sure that I had asked for $100 instead of $160, so I'm thinking in my mind, how could I have pressed 100 instead of 160? Well, no matter; I blew it off.

Anyone that knows me will tell you it is typically my habit to blow things off, and sometimes that costs me and sometimes it doesn't. But, my relationship with God dictates that I will always win. As an extraordinary coach, maybe you don't have a relationship with God. Maybe you don't believe in God. Whatever the case may be, as someone speaking to extraordinary coaches, helping them be more extraordinary, it is my duty to share with you what works for me. As you recall, I often use the technology what works, what's not working, what's next, and what's missing. That's a whole other blog which you will hear later.

I go to the machine, and as I get to the machine I realize that I had chosen the option to get a mixture of 20s and 50s. Then I pulled the bills out of my pocket and look at them, and guess what? Instead of five or six $20 bills that were in my pocket, there were two 50s and three 20s, which is $160, which is what I thought I had, which is what I had. Once again, God had blessed me. Once again, he had given me what I want. Once again, I did not fret because the results were exactly what I wanted.

What about you? As an extraordinary coach, you must teach your clients to always expect the best. You must teach your clients that no matter what it looks like, the best will always come out for them. A wise man said everything works out in the end, and everything does. Everything works out all right in the end, and everything does, which tells you two things. Number one: if things haven't worked out, that means it's not yet the end. Number two: it is going to be all right no matter how it feels now. I ask you if this blog has helped you in any way, please share it with somebody you know, somebody you like, somebody you trust. I end this blog as I love to end all of my blogs, which is for you to have a good time until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment