Friday, August 21, 2015

Coaches Corner~Business Basics

As an extraordinary coach I'm always on the lookout for different things that I can do to help people manage themselves better. You see, I am totally sold on the fact that living life is an inside game, and that being successful in your business is also an inside game. The way that you characterize your own thoughts, which impacts the way that you approach the world, does a lot to impact your business in a big, big way. I get that all of us are afflicted with the looking good, being right, way of living. I'm probably no exception to that rule. Keep in mind that I, too, want to look good and be right. When I come up with these strategies that impact how you look at the world, I certainly do hope that I'm right.

This blog is about offenses. We all understand that offenses exist, and somehow we've gotten to the place where we think that our job is to deal with every offense. The way that we deal with offense is we have the offending person make a change. We have the offending person take back what they said, or wear a different article of clothing, or use a different word. The way that we deal with our offenses is generally to have somebody else do something. If you've been paying attention to my blogs, to my social media presence, you may have noticed that I spend a lot of time talking about forgiveness. The reason I spend a lot of time talking about forgiveness is that I want to offset all of the inordinate amount of time spent on dealing with offenses.

Just like oppression, the grandest weapon that the offender has is the mind of the person who is taking offense. Forgiveness closes the loop. If somebody offends you, you simply forgive them. What is happening is someone offends you, and you want them to do something different, or to take it back. That's never going to happen. The other end of that continuum is that somebody offends you, so you want to offend them to pay them back. Once again, the answer is forgiveness. In my world I can see it no other way, and so as far as being right, I guess I can close that loop right now.

Let's just run out this scenario in real time, and imagine that you have been offended. Let's just say that I have offended you. I wasn't trying to offend you, I was simply being me. By simply being me you have gotten offended? Really, I'm offended that you're offended by me being me. If we get really ridiculous about this concept, let's just go right here and say, "What if I'm offended that you are offended that I'm offended, that you are offended that I'm offended that you are offended that I'm offended that you're offended." How ridiculous is that, and where does it stop, and who is at fault?

As an extraordinary coach I strongly suggest that you empower your clients, that you empower the people you know, in telling them that no one can offend them without their permission, and simply tell them to stop giving permission. What if I'm offended that you're offended? Well, as far as  what I just said a moment ago, how does a person manage that, where does the offenses end? Obviously, the offenses will never end, so you must forgive. You can forgive, or you cannot be offended in the first place. If you are not able to be in that place where you won't get offended in the first place, practice forgiving more. Do more forgiveness, and I believe that you will get to that place, not only where you can forgive easily, but where you won't get offended at all.

I know some of you may think there's some instances that's just rude, there's some thing's that's just impolite. No, there's no such thing. There's only a majority opinion of what's rude, a majority opinion of what's impolite. If you want to be in the majority, then you go right ahead and be in the majority. As for me, I'm not going to be offended, and I'm going to forgive.

If this blog has helped you please pass it on to someone that you know, or someone that you care about. I end this blog like I end most of most of blogs and that is for you to have yourself a good time until the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment