Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Coaches Corner~Tugs





As an extraordinary coach, you must always, always be tuned into the fact that your mind is your biggest asset. You are free to think about things any way that you want to. This story that I'm about to tell you is going to illustrate to you why I see the world that way.  You will understand why I believe that what you think about you bring about.   And it will also help you understand why I am so excited about what God is doing in my life. I'm excited about what God is doing in your life as well.   And it doesn't have to be that way.  That is the way that I choose to think about it and that is the way that empowers me.   Ask yourself, what empowers you?


There's a popular story about a little boy who was out flying a kite.   And his passers-by talk with him.  They ask him, "What're you doing?"   Well, he says, "I’m flying a kite."  But nobody can see the kite.   They said, "Well, how do you know that you're flying a kite if you can't see the kite?"   The little boy says, "Well, every now and then I feel a little tug." Short story, this is a very interesting story.  The way that God works in our lives is that he's there all the time, but we don't always know that he is there.   Every now and then he gives us a little tug, when something exciting happens, it could be something small, could be something large, but suffice it to say that every now and then each and every one of us gets a little tug.


A little tug came into my life this morning.   A while back I was an Uber driver.   As an Uber driver you pick up people all day long.   And day in and day out, 15 to 20 times a day, I would have the same conversation with people about how what you think about you bring about.   I would have the conversation about people demonstrating to them how you get in your life what you expect in your life, and what you expect is up to you.   It would be nothing for me to remind nearly everybody that got in my car that when you think a certain way, you feel a certain way.   And when you feel a certain way you do a certain thing. And when you do a certain thing you get a certain thing, thereby implementing the seed time and harvest principle.   I'm totally sold on this, and you will be to after you hear this story.


About 24 hours ago, I'm wearing these leather gloves while I'm driving, and of course people are teasing me about these leather gloves.   But what these gloves do is they dry out my hands, and my hands are ashy.   My wife told me one day that my hands looked ashy.   And so I decided to put a bottle of lotion in my vehicle so that when I take my gloves off when I get out of my vehicle I can put some lotion on, and my hands won't be dry.   That was 24 hours ago.   Fast forward to now while I'm making this blog.   A young lady gets in my car, I call her Izzy, and I told Izzy I would share the story with you so it's nothing private about it.   Out of the blue, Izzy says to me, "Do you have any lotion?" real innocently.   And when she said to me, "Did you have any lotion.", and I realized that just 24 hours earlier I put a bottle of lotion in my glove compartment, man, was I excited.   And I was excited because that was a little tug for me.


That was a little tug for me because that morning on my Uber route things hadn't been going as quickly as I was accustomed to them going.   And while I didn't doubt for a minute that God was still in charge, I was sort of apprehensive about what kind of day is it going to be because each day is different from the next one.   But when God did that I knew that he was telling me, "Dude, I got you handled just like always."   And God's got you handled too, just like always.   If you are averse to the idea of speaking of God in the public arena, then I'm probably not your coach.   If you think that church is a bunch of hogwash, once again, I'm probably not your coach.


And the fact that I'm not your coach only adds to the fact that you won't experience the benefit of what God is doing for me and what he is doing for others, but it's totally on you. Now, this blog today is not about getting you to become a Christian at all even though I'm a Christian, and I'm totally sold on it.   This blog about having you realize the power of that mind that you have. You can perceive what I'm telling you as just another thing or just another story if you want to.   But I'm encouraging you to keep in mind that your clients need a little tug every now and then. Take this blog, share it with them, help them see how the way that they look at things is crucial to their success. The way that you look at things will determine what you do.


If you think you are a failure, if you think that things are not going to work then you won't do anything.   If you wouldn't believe that a picture would appear on your television, you wouldn't even turn your television on.   And sometimes turning your television on can be the beginning of a phenomenal day believe it or not.   In this blog of mine that I'm writing you today, I want you to get it. That what you think about you bring about.   I want you to get it. That you are in charge.   And I want you to magnetize your mind to receive instances of when you get a little tug and share it with others, because for some of you this blog that you're reading is a little tug.   God, I love it when people think like me. The more people that think like me, the easier it is to be me, and I just love being me.   If this blog has helped you, please pass it on to someone.   Until the next time, you just have a good time.



No comments:

Post a Comment